Art conglomeration : Glass Painting - Ganpati Bappa

After a long time I dug my hands to unveil the artistic side in me.
I tell you these hobbies really make a huge difference in your life - for me it actually works like a therapy to relieve me of the stress of the week. And the immense satisfaction on seeing the end result is heavenly - however good or average it might be.
It just reminds me that I should keep trying and with time I shall become better at whatever I am trying to achieve.
Everyone MUST adopt a hobby - this should be inculcated as a part of the childhood learning's.

Ganpati Bappa to be sketched down on a glass had been on my wish list since the time I did my first glass painting. Not that I did numerous paintings after that, albeit this is my second only. πŸ˜‡

So first let's start by the things you would need:
  1. Glass
  2. Cloth
  3. Glass paint - I used the Camlin glass colors (soluble based)
  4. Black Glass Outliner
  5. Design
  6. Metallic Acrylic colors
  7. Poster colors
  8. Brush
  9. Palette
First and foremost the glass needs to cleansed - you could wet the glass and clean it with a cloth thoroughly. Make sure there are no marks left on the glass. Let the glass dry completely before you start with your artwork.

You would need to place the design on the base of the glass and start tracing over it. This has to be done with the black glass outliner - if your design asks for it.
Since I had to do a blue outline of the Ganpati - I used brush and the glass paint colors to trace over the design as you can see below.
On the base, I took a white sheet and shimmered it with golden, silver acrylic metallic colors over the orange base done with poster color. Overall it did bring out beautiful texture and the color combination was gracious. 😊

You would need to let the painting dry for a good amount of time - at least overnight.

If you have fillers to be colored then you could use the glass colors directly on the glass - as they have nozzles too.
I prefer using the brush for the flexibility and comfort it offers. Pour the glass colors on a palette and use the brush to accomplish your work.

Few pictures:

Cheers to life!!

~Believe in yourself always!!

P.S These sketches are not my original idea, it is just a humble attempt to replicate some of the beautiful pictures found in blogs/sites. 

Comments

Popular Posts