Gluttony Events : Sigree, Dhole Patil Road - Pune


Sigree is hosting the fabulous Street Feast as a part of the Street Food Festival - where they promise to take you through the hustling streets of Old Delhi to the by-lanes of Amritsar, khau gali of Mumbai to allow you to relish their array of exciting street delicacies in the buffet.

This was a first of its kind for me where in a buffet, there were street food delicacies which were made the center of the concept -  Sigree as its name goes is famous in the grilled food genre.

ADDRESS:

City Tower,Ground Floor
Dhole Patil Road, PUNE

WHAT I TRIED:

With a huge spread like this and a small appetite like mine - it becomes difficult to resist any dish. I tired as much to taste everything at my disposal.😝


Started off with the chatpata swadishth PANI PURI - with the pani poured over my friend - who was my pani puri wale bhaiya oops behena for the evening.πŸ˜†
The DAHI BHALLA - made aptly - slight sweetness,slight tangy-ness added to it through the chutneys and garnished with sev.
The TANDOORI FRIED CHICKEN was about so so - not sure I liked the concept. It is either fried or tandoor-ed chicken for me, not both. Sorry!πŸ˜’
The PYAAZ KI KACHORI were about okay-ish - with plentiful of stuffing but seemed slightly undone to me.
Served on the GRILL were CHUTNEY WALI PANEER TIKKA - a good start I would say. Paneer slathered in green minty chutney and tandoor-ed on the grill.
The CHICKEN DHUANDHAR TIKKA was well tandoor-ed chicken. Spiced to the right amount - juicy savory chunks of chicken getting grilled away. Dhuandhar!!😍
Oh I loved, absolutely loved the ANDA CHAAP - fanta-bulous job!! Don't miss this one - authentic. I had been dreading to have chaap - and these were just made right. Boiled eggs coated in a stuffing of masaledar, chatpata aloo and then dipped in batter giving it the crispy coating - amaaazing. Bowled over!πŸ’“
To add to something healthy there was the MOONG DAALCHILLA - not a fan of the dish, but I don't think it hurt!πŸ˜›
The PYAAZ PAKODA - a perfect serving for rainy evening teamed with the imli chutney, it was a delight to eat. I must have stuffed myself to the brim by now - but there was still more pouring in on the table.😎
Have you ever had the PALAK PATTA CHAAT? This was my first and I ate hungrily. This concept blew me off - to put a dish literally on a palak ka patta - requires skill - on a crispy bed of the palak ka patta were added the assortments of onion, tomato,sev and chutneys. It was distinctive. πŸ’œπŸ’š
The GOBHI 65 was the vegetarian twist - I was expecting a tad bit more south Indian touch - but other than the kari patta ka tempering and loads of mustard seeds, it had little to offer - could have been made better with a play of spices.
CHANE KI SHAAMI - When you try to emulate non vegetarian dishes into something in vegetarian - you are only going for the second best.
ORANGE PIROSKHA - refreshing drink with fizzy orange juice having chunks of orange and mint leaves.
Surprisingly the mains did not disappoint - and I am impressed.πŸ˜‹

The ALOO KALIMIRCH , the DAHI METHI SUBZI, and the DAL MAKHANI with KADHAI PULAO made up for a perfect lunch.
Balanced flavors, light on masala - it was finger licking good. Hats off to the dal makhani preparation - it was un-puttable with the garnishing of the malai on the top.




The PANEER BUTTER MASALA - the gravy was worth giving a shot but there was a major goof up with the paneer cubes.
The DESSERTS spread included CHITRAKUT, MANGO CHEESE CAKE,DARK CHOCOLATE SWISS ROLL, ICECREAMS,ASSORTED MOUSSE - but the winner was the RABDI with JALEBI. OMG - imparted the right amount of sweetness when paired with the rabdi. Although the rabdi did seem to have heavy usage of milk powder but nah I am not complaining.









AMBIANCE:
Well lit - spaced out restaurant - equipped to cater to larger groups.

With their see through kitchen - it gives a feel of being closer to the food being prepared.

Special thanks to Mr. Amar and Mr.Alok who took good care of our table. Hospitality at its best.😊



Street flavored imbibed hearty Sunday lunch!

~Bon AppΓ©tit!!

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me.

This was a complimentary lunch arranged by Sharvari from Milestone Pune.

It is a narrative of my experience and the views expressed above are solely mine. Folks are more than welcome to agree or disagree with the above review. My review does not guarantee that someone would also have a similar experience. 
The review is not in any way plagiarized from any other source, it is solely my hard work put into creating the content - except few excerpts about the restaurant picked from the publicly available information over the world of Internet.
Sigree Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts