Food tasting event : Kokkita, Hadapsar - Pune

Another Zomato meetup, in a gap of 2 weeks - that's too less a time to even pen down reviews of the restaurants. :D

I am glad I accepted the invite to visit this place else in spite of being a resident of Magarpatta, this would place would have never come to my notice. :D
In midst of the busy chaotic roads of Hadapsar, you will find this place at one silent corner of the road.I entered the restaurant from one side and exited from the other. :P

And I must say they have really tried to work on the decor of the place - but somewhere it still lacks the classy feel.
They do flaunt of an aquarium - something that reminds me of my childhood days. WOW! I just loved that - and there is a walkway towards the banquet hall where you get an upper view of the aquarium. Lovely!
They have a small play area for the kids with some swings and slides.
There have a spacious banquet hall in their fleet added with beautiful decor.

I was quite taken aback by the crowd it attracts on a weekday - amazing. There were people just pouring in - having birthday parties,group hangouts. In fact I was quite surprised to see the number of firangs hitting the place.
When the place had opened,the residents of Magarpatta were distributed with the pamphlets - and from the look of the menu I had a preconceived notion about this place. I had never thought it would be even considerably good.
I had once considered ordering for home delivery but somehow it did not work out for me.

So a nice corner was reserved for the Zomato meetup. There were around 6 foodies who were here to enjoy a fun filled evening.
The shor-sharaba designed around the evening was mammoth. The food just kept pouring in - and I was in absolute love with the scores of starters that were put on the plate.
It was highly impossible for me to savor each of the dishes placed on the table - sigh!!

It so happened that the minute the dish would arrive - we would all jump in for the clicking the photos - the dishes would be served accordingly - by the time we tasted the food - it would be time for another starter and the process ran in loop. :D

My first order for the evening was the BARTENDER's SPECIAL mock-tail - seemed more like a thick milk shake to me than a mock-tail. Tasted good with scoops of ice cream dropped in. :)
The GUAVA SPICE COLADA was an interesting drink - the rim of the stem glass was rubbed with pinch of salt and chilli powder - it was a total reminiscence of the taste of the kachha guava savored with a pinch of salt and chilli powder...waah!! - the only difference now being that this was a drink.Refreshing indeed in terms of taste and some good old memories!

The RED CHILLY GARLIC CHICKEN was yummy and equally spicy - tender pieces of chicken cooked to perfection with plentiful of garlic.

The TOSSED SALAD - simple and tasty. The simplicity of the dish was that clicked for me - cucumbers,onions,bell peppers and cherry tomatoes and some herbs and it gave rise to a healthy salad!

The STUFFED MUSHROOM was my favorite until I ate the dish cold. When served hot, it was an excellent dish - mushrooms are as it is so soft by texture and stuffing within it and grilled - needs a lot of detailing.WOW!

The ACHARI PANEER TIKKA - fresh and utterly soft paneer cubes tikka-ed perfectly with the masalas.

The LUKNOVI MUTTON CHOPS - didn't look like chops though. My definition of chops is more sort of cutlet as they say in Kolkatta. Not a mutton lover,but I heard good reviews about the dish.

The CORN CHEESE BALLS with the dip was again yummy and gooey-cheesy indeed!

The PANEER HOT PAN was another dish which had absolute stunning flavors and was spicy - served in a sizzler plate.

The MURG ROSSALI KEBAB - grilled pieces of chicken - a decent starter.

The TAWA SURMAI and the TANDOORI SURMAI - again presentation of the dish was appealing. Full fish placed on the table. :D I heard mixed reviews about the dish - not a fish fan myself.

One noticeable thing was all the starters were majorly served on banana leaves - I likey!! :)

There was a fire shot for the evening which was B-52 - a coffee based shot - to be lit up before it is to be consumed. Looked fancy - o-la-la!!
Since the non-alcoholics could not enjoy this - a special mock tail shot was prepared for us with strawberry base without the ignition part. :D Our adhoc request was calmly entertained. :)Thanks to guys serving our table.

I wouldn't go on to describe the dishes for the main course - I tried the veg dishes and compared to the starters - it was quite a let down for me.
The starters served had upped my expectations from the restaurant which we were again let down by the servings of the main course. :( Disappointed totally!
Neither the SUBZ KANDHARI, PANEER TIKKA,the DAL MAKHANI nor the BIRYANI struck a chord with me.
I tried a non-veg dish and it turned out to be a bit salty for me.
The VEG HYDERABADI BIRYANI cooked with veggies - was still a relief, although not cooked to perfection adding to whic the RAITA was really sour.

The end to the evening was with the flavorsome SIZZLING BROWNIE WITH ICE-CREAM - the surprise element here was the piece of the pineapple kept at the base of the brownie - the ganache was to be poured over the brownie and it just sizzled.....Sizzzzzzzz!!!
The attempt to get all the three :the ice-cream followed by a piece of  brownie and the pineapple in a single bite kept me hooked to my dish. :D

By the time we came to the end of the evening, we got a chance to meet the owner of the place - Archana for a quick chat. A very sweet and polite lady. :)
She was the one to inform us that the restaurant boosts about more than 200 dishes for order - WOW! That's really a copious number.
Appreciable effort taken by the chefs to prepare for the dishes - because you never know what the customer might end up ordering.
And the word chefs remind me that KOKKITA is an Indonesian word which actually means "Our Cooks".
A place in the name of the people who are the actual wonder creators of the palatable food - thought very aptly. Significant!

Definitely my go to place for some more rounds of starters here! :)

Kudos to the team of Zomato to have organized the meet up and make the foodies aware of unknowns. :)

#ZomatoMeetUp

Few pictures from the visit:


Red Chilly Garlic Chicken



Tossed Salad


Stuffed mushroom

Achari Paneer Tikka

Luknovi mutton chops

Bartender's special




Corn cheese balls

Chicken Caesar Salad

Paneer Hot Pan
Murg Rossali Kebab





Taco beans

Macroni magic


Dal makhani

Assorted rotis


Guava Spice colada






Matka biryani

Veg biryani

B-52 with flames



Sizzling brownie










~Bon AppΓ©tit!!
Kokkita Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me. 

Comments

Popular Posts