Wanderlust Tales : Trek to Hadsar Fort, Junnar - Pune

ROAD TRIP :
The Magarpatta to Hadsar Village saga can be read from the below link:
http://xylo742.blogspot.com/2017/10/wanderlust-tales-trek-to-hadsar-fort.html

And it was time to march ahead. πŸ˜ƒ

START OF THE TREK:

As you trek, you pave your own path - finding the best route possible to make it to the top evading the hill. 
The route was not known to us, and with nobody to help we were totally on our own. But I think that was the best part - exploring your options and heading ahead. πŸ™Œ

It was a literal climb to the top of the steep hill. I have an abundant fear of height, and I couldn't imagine myself at the height. All through such weird thoughts kept popping in my head - imaging my fate - if at all my leg slipped or I fell?! Gawddd.....😱

But I am glad I did attempt it - the least by the constant coaxing of my friends and my own push. 😁

As we ascended, we crossed through a lot of farmlands plus loads of leafy long grass plants.I spotted a lot of snake holes which goes without saying, was slightly daunting - you have to be extra careful especially when you cross through the long grasses, you would never know what you would step into. πŸ‘€Crossing each phase, we were getting a glimpse of the 360-degree of the place. The beauty was magical. 
A little rain shower would have helped - but the Sun Gods thought otherwise. With the scorching sun over our head, we marched ahead. πŸ‘½πŸ”₯

The sun-kissed horizon with the unending water body clad in rusty mountains was a sight utterly fulfilling. πŸ’ƒ

Imagine the life of villagers - they are leading the utmost healthy and happy life.πŸ’ž

The view is best to grab a book, a cup of coffee - tranquility!
   
And we were tired, thanks to this champ girl - she made sure we were fed and hydrated. 😁

After scaling for about an hour or so - finally, we saw a herd of goats led by a man. 

Finally, finally we spotted a human and after resting a while, we chose to follow Kaka till the fort. πŸ‘
The height was scary but just glance at the mighty gigantic fort.
The herd of goats were our leaders from now on. πŸ˜‚
And there it was ultimately - voila. πŸ™Œ

These were the flight of stairs my eyes were dreading to see - the ones which paved the path to the Hadsar Fort. πŸ‘€

From here, about 100 steps or so, and you could see the remainder of the Fort.

                                 
The archway shaped entrances, the narrow corridors were the sign of the medieval architecture. The old world charm - with little remaining now, seemed quite intriguing. 
                                     
There was a small room which seemed like to have been used as a storeroom, but now looked quite spooky. 😐
The fort's remains can be seen here - the huge towering fort it would have been.  πŸ˜„
As you ascend the steps, at the top awaiting is - the is the Shiv Temple and a beautiful lake adorned in nature's arm.

I would say it is a medium difficulty trek for beginners - at least for me more than medium. πŸ˜‰ 

It definitely requires a lot of stamina, patience, and willpower. Well, willpower is just an excuse, once you reach the top - you have to make it down, you have no option. πŸ˜‚ 

Do you?! Upar gaye ho, toh uttar na toh hai hi....πŸ˜‚

For some strange reason, there were no trekking groups in there. πŸ˜‘

THE GANG:
Looking back, all through the way I thought why did I come 😜 - but now I have this strange feeling, maybe I can do it, after all - nothing is un-achievable. The maximum that would happen is a few falls, few injuries but it will give a feeling of self-accomplishment, by the way and falls and injuries did happen too. πŸ˜€

And at the end, it was all worth it. 😳😊
  
               

                
And we made it from where we started, without a compass - how I wish I could use one, to know the right direction - would make me feel like Vasco Da Gama - the explorer!!😎

LUNCHING:

We chose to have lunch at the local's house. Simple and authentic food - usually I stay away from such things - but I couldn't stop myself from relishing the rich chicken curry. πŸ˜‹
Water in copper ka matka - which is highly followed by the city folks and has a lot of health benefits is a regular for them.
The family was Sagar and Jayashree Sangle - who cooked a healthy simple authentic lunch for us at a cost Rs.200/- per head.

Their house is just next to Hadsar board you would see.       
                     
And as we were leaving, finally the RAIN GODS blessed us with a few trinkets of rain.

We reached Pune at about 1930 hrs. The traffic added to the woes - but we all made it back in one piece. πŸ˜€

                        
TO DO'S:
  1. Store the offline version of the map.
  2. Carry water bottles during your trek - we found no source of water or food.It will help you stay hydrated.
  3. Carry a few snack items.
  4. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes with a good grip - go light!
  5. Wear headgear or carry stoles to cover your head.
  6. Carry shades.
MORE PICTURES:


SOME FUN VIDEOS:
                    
  








Cheers to life!!

~Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! 😊

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me. 😊

Comments

Popular Posts