Gluttony Diaries :The Daily Treats, Westin - Mundhwa Pune

We wanted to enjoy a quiet Christmas dinner - away from the shor sharaba restaurants and pubs in the city. And I am glad to have chosen The Daily Treats - totally made our evening πŸŽ…- till the clocked struck 12. This cafe is open 24 hours for everyone - a perfect spot to fix your midnight hunger cravings.

My second visit - and lot of memories from my old visit with my team came afresh. 😚

ADDRESS:

Access Road, Koregaon Park Annexe
Mundhwa, Pune

AMBIANCE:

We had a table reserved through EazyDiner and we were comfortably seated at our tables at a cozy corner in the restaurant. They had a lot of Christmas decor and gift baskets placed across the room.

WHAT I TRIED:

Exploring the menu - we wanted to opted for dishes little different from the usual.
Started off with MANAKISH SAAGAR - oh this was beautifully done Arabic flavored flat bread with a lovely dressing of black and white sesame seeds. This when dipped in the hummus was just what I was craving for - a fancy twist to the pita bread and hummus combination. The sesame seeds enhanced the taste of the bread making it even more palatable.πŸ˜ƒ

It was served with labeneh,marinated olives and cucumber. Do give it a try. Savory.
PENNE ALLA SICILLANA - wish the pasta would have been little more done. Else it was a perfect amalgamation of spices, cheese slices, seasoning - loved the fried eggplant. Eggplant is always a big no for me other than in bharta but this one was relishing with added peppers, courgettes and olives. It came this close to being impressive. πŸ˜„
The COCONUT CHOCOLATE MOCHA - I wish the ice cubes were little lesser so that  I would have enjoyed more of the drink. Although I wish there was more of the coconut taste - yet I am not complaining - as just a chocolate mocha it was bang on. I was left wishing...πŸ˜‹
AVOCADO TOAST - ooh to  be frank, having tasted avocado - I didn't have much hopes from the dish. But but this totally blew my mind - bread had this delicious topping of avocado mix with loads of cheese with herloom tomatoes,argula, basil, marjoram and seasoning. Bang on - the creamy texture imparted was something that lingered on, in my mouth.😊
CIGAR & WHISKEY - smoked cigar whiskey served with a smooth light mousse - the sweetness plus the slight pungent taste was absolutely balanced with the helpings of mousse. I loved the chocolate shaped cigar which was infused with the dark chocolate and rest.😝 The cigar was crafted beautifully.😻
The service was great - the servers were extremely polite. They took continuous feedback about the food being served. 😊

More pictures:








Bon AppΓ©tit!!

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me.
Daily Treats - The Westin Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts