Food anatomization : Global Punjab , Magarpatta - Pune

After years of being in Magarpatta - this place somehow never caught my attention until recently, and now I am hooked. :P

Occupying a central position in the destination center - it has a thatched style of roofing and encloses itself in a circular kind of structure.
The interiors have slight of a ethnic-royal touch.
The doors were a major fascination for me - the art work was really eye-catchy.
They have two seating options - outdoor housing more than 20 tables, which is non ac - but they do have coolers placed outside. During lunch, this section is closed due to the intense heat.
The interior seating has about 8-9 tables but is way cooler with air conditioning during the sweltering summer. :)
It is dimly lighted inside and has a comfortable ambiance.

Ordered for the KALIMIRI TANGDI for takeaway  - I was highly disappointed with the packaging. I mean the least a proper restaurant would do is not package juicy chicken in plain foil paper. By the time I got it home, it was dripping of the delicious juices. Alas!! :|
Seeing the packaging I had a certain amount of dislike from my end for the dish. Not really expected of one of the good restaurants here.
How so ever the taste was satiating - juicy, tender chicken - cooked to perfection. Highly satisfied! :)

Albeit a disappointing packaging, I made my way to dine here.

Ordered for the PRAWNS MALWANI TIKKA - prawns were spicy to the right amount and balanced with stunning flavors. Lip-smacking! The prawns were just exemplary - tikka-ed to the right amount.
On the chef's suggestion we went for the CHICKEN TIRANGA - it was a combination of three dishes - ANGARA KABAB ,AFGHANI KABAB ,BANJARA KABAB . The combo served was highly delectable - wow! Succulent pieces of chicken tandoor-ed away. Each piece of chicken imparted excellent taste and this dish was truly flawless. The green chutney served along was the taste enhancer.
Next on the main course was the MURG TIKKA BIRYANI, which we requested to be cooked in Hyderabadi style - and yet another utterly satisfying dish. :) But only not so bad part was, that it does not come along with raita - this totally took me by surprise.
We ordered for the RAITA and I would say the bowl of raita was rather expensive for the taste it bestowed. Of all the dishes, only the raita was the disappointing factor - else every other dish was at par without any doubt. Utterly worthwhile experience!! Kudos....

The staff is courteous and helpful with options.

A 3.5 solely for the bad packing for my take away - else this one would have definitely stolen a 4.0. :)

Few pictures from the visit:

KALIMIRI TANGDI








PRAWNS MALWANI TIKKA

CHICKEN TIRANGA

MURG TIKKA BIRYANI

RAITA

Won my heart - this DOOR!!


Won my heart - this DOOR too!!
 
~Bon AppΓ©tit!!
 
 
Global Punjab Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me. :D
 

Comments

Popular Posts