Gluttony Diaries : Urban foundry, Kalyani Nagar

Urban Foundry has been a garnering a lot of attention among my foodie & internet friends - on a Friday evening we decided to try the wonders of Urban Foundry. πŸ˜‡

ADDRESS:

Shop B3, Ground Floor
Cerebrum IT Park
Near Marigold mariplex, Kalyani Nagar

WHAT I TRIED:

Settled comfortably at a table by the bar, we started off with the DHAKSHIN STYLE ZHINGHAT PRAWNS - well, not so zhinghat as I expected. Prawns tossed in south Indian flavors - but wouldn't say at par. 😐
The biggest disappointment in most of the starters were it not being served hot. We even informed the manager/server - all they did was apologize. 😐
Next in line was the PANEER TALWARI - bang on, on the presentation front. But on the taste front, it was quite an okay-ish dish.πŸ™ˆ
The KRISPY LOTUS STEM BHEL - this was too modernized for my liking. I could't enjoy the lotus stem which I wanted to have in actuality - the few strands of lotus stem that were in the bhel were crispy and had a mix of tangy sweet spicy taste. The portion would qualify as small.
CHICKEN 65 - this was an absolute savior of the evening. After so many average dishes - this dish was which we finally enjoyed.Chicken 65!!
The THAI CHICKEN THIGH - served on skewers - the chicken was marinated in Thai style sauces. I was tempted to try this dish after seeing multiple posts on Instagram regarding this dish. Well attempted - charring to the point, but again heat is what was needed. I wonder coming from the kitchen to the table - it went cold. Sad!😩
After not a very good start - I averted myself from trying the main course. My friends who tried told that the mains were much much better than the starters.

The FOUNDRY CHEESECAKE was served complimentary for our table - just loved the biscuit crumbly base with delicious gulab jamun slices imbibed into the cheesecake. It was a superb twist to my all time favorite dessert.😘
Two of my favorite desserts served in one platter - what better can one ask for?πŸ’•
Relished this one completely.😍

AMBIANCE:

Ambiance was completely set for a Friday evening - groovy music, high spirited servers, bartenders and loud crowd.

The place had all good vibes in there - only if the food served on our table would have done justice. πŸ˜›

The lighting, the bar setup was LIT.

The best part of the restaurant - the foundry entrance door. Kudos!!😍





Bon AppΓ©tit!!

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me.
The Urban Foundry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts