Wanderlust tales : JC Nicholas Memorial Fountain, Kansas

After a 3 hour tour of the Nelson-Atkins Museum, I headed to my next destination which was the JC Nicholas Memorial Fountain.

HOW TO GET HERE:

Well, I must admit I am bad at taking directions - maybe that's the girl thingy πŸ˜‰. I got little lost while finding the way to catch the right bus to the Country Club Plaza. I must have wandered for about 30 minutes or so - trust me unlike India, if you get lost here - you have no way to find a way out. To find a taxi on the roads here from the Nelson-Atkins Museum is a real pain.

Despite all the swaying and wandering, the following and unfollowing of the Google map directions and trusting my instincts I managed to find a bus stop at the 39th Main. Yeay!!! Finally...I took the bus 3531 - they charged me a $1.50. The tickets are valid for 2 hours, which means you can reuse the same ticket if you are traveling within the 2 hours. The buses are quite frequent, around every 10 minutes - which is fair enough.

The bus is very comfortable and with free wi-fi. 😊 The metro stop from where I boarded was right next to the Great American Bank.

Note - the bus doesn't stop at every stop - but they do announce the bus stop name - so when you need to get down, prior to that you need to request to stop. All you need to do is pull the string across the window.


GLIMPSE INTO THE HISTORY:

Kansas is known as the city of fountains and the J C Nicholas Memorial Fountain is one of the most beautiful and best-known fountains in the city - founded by J C Nicholas.

It is located right at the start of the Country Club Plaza. Researched a bit and from the sources in Google found that it was sculpted in 1910 and the four heroic horsemen in the fountain represent the four rivers of the world: Mississipi River, the Volga River, the Seine and the Rhine.

JC NICHOLAS MEMORIAL FOUNTAIN:

They have placed benches all around the fountain - you can sit and relax by the fountain. There is a mini-park around also - the place is quite crowded, people of all age groups are here busy clicking photos and selfies.

The view of the Country Plaza from here - is as though you are entering another world.

Pictures:

Got down right near the white building with some words inscribed in Golden - mostly says Cheesecake Factory.

There is a metro stop - I took my bus from here, the 39th Main.

KANSAS DIARIES:
https://xylo742.blogspot.com/2017/06/travel-diaries-my-solo-travel-saga-in.html

Cheers to life!!

~Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! 

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me. 

Comments

Popular Posts