Food Tasting Event : Behrouz, Baner - Pune

Behrouz has carved its niche in Pune - I have found many people finding their likeness for their Persian flavor imbibed biryani.

Couldn't deny a food tasting review for their biryani again, this time coordinated by Parvej for Behrouz. πŸ˜ƒ

WHAT I TRIED:

I had ordered for the LAZEEZ BHUNA MURGH BIRYANI. I guess they were utterly prompt with the delivery - and it was delivered a whopping 5 hours early from my scheduled time of delivery. πŸ˜† Guys.....

Anyhow, when you order from Behrouz it gives you a feeling of a complete meal. Their beautifully packed classic box consisted of the biryani with a small box of raita and gulab jamun. 
Not only that, they provide with the after mint too, cool isn't it?! 
A complete dinner box - food, sweet dish and after mint! πŸ˜ŽπŸ’–
The specialty of the biryani is, that it is embedded with loads of sliced dry fruits, spices and the long grains of Basmati rice really stand out. Yeah, I must not forget to mention the exotic spices added, bring out such a flavourful aroma. Ahaaaa....ha...
The layered saffron infused rice had gracious portions of juicy tender pieces of chicken in it with garnishings of caramelized onions and coriander leaves. A strange thing that I noticed was - also a first of its kind for me in a chicken biryani. I noticed that the chicken pieces had turned into a very dark brownish color.😡 I would never know why - the mystery persists!
The biryani tasted good, but I found the biryani having more than the usual dryness - a little more of the Biryani Masala would have worked well for me. 
I would say it came close to impress. 
The raita is a big no - with flavors of mint and not a good kind of chatpata taste in it.
The gulab jamun with evident hints of cardamom and thick sugar syrup was a good one! πŸ˜†

Pictures:












~Bon Appetite!!

P.S All the pictures have been taken by me. J
Behrouz Biryani Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts