Wanderlust tales : Downtown, Kansas

DOWNTOWN:

The downtown of any city is apparently the most happening place buzzing with shops, shopping outlets, eateries and much more. And Kansas downtown won't fail you. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

A stroll through the streets is enough to give you a vibe of the place - lively, entertaining and engrossing, filled with skyscrapers!!

The Downtown of Kansas is one of America's 10 best downtowns(Forbes) - as per their official site:

Do take a ride on the RideKC streetcar. πŸ’— It is a 2-mile streetcar or a tram which is free for the public use - it runs on a stretch of River Market to Crown Center.

Pictures:

This was near the Cheesecake Factory - the metro stop is here:

As I walked to see the National WW1 Liberty Memorial:


Hallmark building:




Towards Union Station:


The National WW1 Memorial as seen from near the Union Station:





This was as I walked to reach the Kauffman Center for Performing Arts:



A parking lot full of graffiti:


An old theater:





This was as I approached the Kansas City Public Library:






I took my ride back in the streetcar after seeing the Central Library to the Union Station.





Caught my bus from the metro stop right next to the Crowne Center - this wait was longer and to top the bus was running late. It is a good thing, the information is floated across on the LED.





And I missed the next bus - my bus which dropped me at Broadway 74th Terr SB was running late. πŸ˜“
This was the last stop for the bus I was in.
I was to take the next bus from the below stop at the 75th, Broadway Westbound as per Google Maps but alas the last bus for the route was at 1730. 😠😟
Hence, from here left with no option I called my cabbie guy to pick me up to drop me back home. 😯😫😨



As I was waiting for the cabbie Brian - I saw quite a motorbikes running on the roads. It is quite unlikely that you would see people riding bikes here in the US but surprisingly Kansas has quite a few bikers. And they ride on these small mini bikes too - little like the scooty people drive back in India but the bikes are minus the bulk.

As I headed home in my cab, safely: 😳😴😊

KANSAS DIARIES:

https://xylo742.blogspot.com/2017/06/travel-diaries-my-solo-travel-saga-in.html

Cheers to life!!

~Journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step! 

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me. 

Comments

  1. Are you looking for where to buy hemp oil in Australia? Visit Ricks Hemp Oil store to choose from a premium organic range of hemp seed oil products today!


    cbd stands for
    cbd oil near me
    medical marijuanas oil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts