Food tasting event : Khandani Rajdhani, Amanora - Pune

It is a strange coincidence, that I was here last during the aam-licious festival and this time yet again,but on a blogger's preview for the festival. 😈 Thanks to Noel from Bloomingdale Publications who had me here for the blogger's preview.

As the king of the fruits arrives, so does the aamlicious festival of Rajdhani where you are served an assortment of mango imbibed dishes.



The two month long Aamlicious festival celebrates the king of fruits in the most delicious forms. If you thought, mango is only restricted to aamras and shrikhand, well think again! Festival has already started from the 7th of April.



Frankly, I hadn't expected such flair from them.

Well this I say, as the place is located in the Amanora Mall and can accommodate about 10-15 tables in all. They had arranged a preview of all the items to be served on the plate.
There is a slight elevated structure towards the end of the room, which is saved for the bigger groups. They had reserved this place for all the bloggers and other publications who were to be part of the review.



They had decorated the restaurant with mango cutouts to mark the beginning of the festival! I loved the katputlis - gudda and guddis, which were placed beautifully on the wooden fixtures in the room. 😍


We started out on our aamlicious journey with a bang! The preview had my stomach grumbling already - plates in place,we were waiting for the servers to start the khandani parampara!
In spite of my hunger pangs, I waited patiently for all the vatis in the plate to be filed with food items - things you do for that one complete photo!! πŸ˜‰

The THALI
Started with the welcome drinks, KAIRI PANNA - without a doubt a refreshing drink. The addition of basil was a nice twist to it.

The AAM THANDAI was rich and thick with dry fruits embellished drink - delicious. Albeit, I didn't find evident traces of aam in the drink - anyhow I am glad, since all the other items already had an overdose of aam.



First to be served on the plate were their variety of chutneys - KAIRI COCONUT CHUTNEY,RED CAPSICUM KAIRI CHUTNEY,KAIRI PICKLE,KAIRI CHUNDA. These are your perfect accompaniments for the FARSAANs.



The KAIRI STUFFED BREAD ROLL - crispy exteriors with lip smacking mango filling. Wow!



The KAIRI MUTHIYA was okay-ish.



The SHAHI AAM DHOKLA - tri coloured dhokla with a garnishing of ripe mangoes. Nice.



The MANGO DRYFRUIT GHUGRA was my absolute favorite - my my, as is I have an immense love for gujiyas and these were made to perfection, it had my heart.



Among all  the sabjis, I loved the KADDU KAIRI KA BHARTA and the ARBI MANGO RASAWALA - both the dishes with slight hints of kachha aam - relishing.





The MANGO DAL DHOKLI - found the dhokli slightly under cooked and the tinge of mango in it, did not go quite well with me..



AAM KI LAUNJI just cannot fail to impress anyone, the perfecto sweet and tangy flavors teamed with the KHOBA ROTI was utterly satisfying. KHOBA ROTI was something new that I tried - heavily layered and thick roti made with a bajra and to add it is highly healthy. It is a common in the households of Rajasthan. Very filling too.

AAM ki LAUNJI


I have found it difficult to have a liking for KADHIs in general and the MALABARI MANGO KADHI - nah,why mango in this?!The AAM AUR PYAAZ ki SABJI found very few fans on the table!


AAM AUR PYAAZ ki SABJI
The MANGO PACHDI was an amalgamation of yogurt,grated mangoes and some tadka atop - loved the sour and tangy combination.
I have always preferred the KHICHDI and the puris here, to go with the sabjis.
Tried the MANGO PULAO - maybe kachha aam would have been more befitting than the ripe mangoes - well made.



Of course hands down to the thick AAMRAS and the AAMRAKHAND - just what one would expect from the aam-licious festival. With the temperatures rising, the mangoes are the only best part of summers - both the delicacies were ultra-smooth with perfect texture and taste. Perfect end to the khandani meal.

I must mention Mr.Bhawarlal, who made sure we ate the AAMRAS and the AAMRAKHAND to our hearts content. Each time our vatis wouldn't have finished, there would be sigh of disappointment, as he would be all prepared with another serving for you but my vati wouldn't be, he would just say "Madamji"! 😊

Guys, get going and grab your aamlicious thali.

Few pictures:
















Mr.Bhawarlal








We were each given a mango-oey goodie bag with bottles of pickle,jellies,candies and mangoes!!






~Bon AppΓ©tit!!

P.S. All the above photos have been clicked by me.
It is a narrative of my experience and the views expressed above are solely mine. Folks are more than welcome to agree or disagree with the above review. My review does not guarantee that someone would also have a similar experience. 
The review is not in any way plagiarized from any other source, it is solely my hard work put into creating the content - except few excerpts about the restaurant picked from the publicly available information over the world of internet.

Rajdhani Thali Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular Posts